mmap breakage?

From: Alfred Perlstein <alfred_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:09:59 -0800
I noticed that mplayer seems to want to open /dev/zero with RDONLY
but then tries to mmap it PROT_READ+PROT_WRITE and gets rejected.

This seems to have started failing recently, but also could have
been a bug introduced into mplayer as I upgraded both FreeBSD
and mplayer at the same time.

If it's a FreeBSD bug could someone take a look at fixing it, if
it's not, does it hurt us too badly to special case /dev/zero for
allowing this instead of EACCESS?

--
- Alfred Perlstein
- Research Engineering Development Inc.