Re: sa(4): removing device entry

From: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor_at_gsoft.com.au>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 12:35:18 +0930
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:32, Lachlan O'Dea wrote:
> Any ideas as to what the problem could be? After this happens, all *sa*
> devices disappear from /dev. Is there any way to recreate them, other
> than rebooting? If I eject the tape and insert a new one, the drive
> appears to load the tape normally, but I have no device entry to talk
> to it.

I don't know what the actual cause is - it appears there is a genuine error
which might need to be addressed.

That said, you can get FreeBSD to rescan the bus with 'camcontrol rescan 0'
and it should recreate the node.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5