Re: cvs-src summary for 04/04/2004

From: Roman Kurakin <rik_at_cronyx.ru>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 22:07:28 +0400
Mark Johnston wrote:

>New driver for Cronyx-Sigma WAN adapters MFC'ed
>Roman Kurakin (rik) merged to -STABLE the new driver for Cronyx-Sigma WAN
>adapters, used for T1/E1, T3/T3, and similar WAN interface cards.  The old

A few comments.

Sigma's controller is to weak for even T1 speed. Sigma is a low speed
adapter up to 384kbps.
Next driver that probably would be MFC'ed would be ctau (Cronyx-Tau),
which supports
among others E1 interface. And after that I plan to commit third driver
for Cronyx Tau-PCI.
These adapters available not only with E1 interfaces, but also with
T3/E3/STS-1 (and
other). Those adapters have their own drivers. Those drivers are not
compatible with other
devices, because of additional hardware logic.

PS. Thanks for summaries. I hope my commet will make them more accurate.
Thanks for you work!

rik