Re: Qustion about being "Giant-locked"

From: Artem Koutchine <matrix_at_itlegion.ru>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:10:40 +0400

I am trying to get your point and i really can't. I just don't see what
your are trying to say. If you refer to 8% CPU usage then i see that it
is only 8% because SCSI is the bottleneck. Disk just do not give data
fast enough to load CPU high. Also, i don't think the do not give
data fast enough only because of the Giant. I think it is mostly scsi
and hdd speed problem in this case. Afterall md5 algorithm is not
too havy on cpu anyway.

Artem