re0 checksum offloading issue (Re: nfs server issues)

From: Sean McNeil <sean_at_mcneil.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 11:56:36 -0700
I have been running fine with nfs now for several days and I have
determined that it is only the TX side.  I run fine with

ifconfig re0 -txcsum

Looking through the driver code, it is the txcsum that is used to
determine if CSUM_* are set.  tcp works just fine, it is only udp that
appears to have an issue.  And only transmit of upd it would seem.

This may be another layer other than the driver.  Others have reported
issues with nfs but I'm not sure which driver they were using.

Cheers,
Sean