Re: make fails compiling SCSI support on CURRENT

From: Erich Dollansky <oceanare_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 09:44:46 +0800
Hi,

Doug White wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Erich Dollansky wrote:
>

>>make stops after getting these error messages:
>>

> I'm going to guess you got an incomplete cvsup here. Try updating again,
> making sur eyou aren't using any date= qualifiers.
> These changes were committed 2 months ago. :)

There was a lot of real bad luck included while I tried to update
that machine. The real cause was an installation CD with a real
strange mechanical fault.

Just to make sure that I will never be affected by this again, I
simply installed everything from scratch and all is working now.

I use CDs since the first drive appeared but I never have seen
before a CD with a hairline crack which worked most of the time
which also did not break during rotating.

Thanks for your help.

Erich