Re: DVD-RW recomandation ?

From: Pav Lucistnik <pav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 16:25:14 +0200
V st, 07. 04. 2004 v 15:56, Tod McQuillin pe:

> > I want to buy a DVD-RW which I will use on -current. Could you suggest a
> > known-to-be-working model (especially with VIA8237 cipset) ?
> >
> > Any experience with one of the following ?
> > TEAC	DV-W58GK
> > TEAC	DV-W58G-095
> > Gigabyte GO-W0804A
>
> The Plextor PX-708A works perfectly for me on -stable.  I haven't tried it
> on -current.

Everything will work, it's more a matter of drive firmware -vs- burning
software than a kernel or chipset. I personally have Plextor PX-708A on
-CURRENT box, no problems.

BTW with Plextor drives you have added value of firmware update utility
working in FreeBSD.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav_at_oook.cz>
              <pav_at_FreeBSD.org>

Somebody ought to cross ball point pens with coat hangers so that the
pens will multiply instead of disappear.