Re: Benchmarking

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_fer.hr>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 13:19:07 +0200
Since I received mostly negative comments on the whole thing, I'm
considering doing myself a favour and taking it off public access, although
I *still* think that the benchmark is valid under its goal, and I will
defend it as such.

But 'm willing to learn :) Just for argument sake, if I ever do something
like this again, what should I do to make it better? So far, I've got:

- Increase the number of files for bonnie++ (I agree)
- Don't use bonnie++ at all (I disagree - what else to use?)
- Enforce same partition/slice size for NetBSD (I agree)

Until such opportunity, are there any suggestions about what to do what the
current article?

- Remove bonnie++ filesystem results?
- Remove NetBSD from the article?

What suprises me that nobody's disputing bytebench - I thought its results
were far more interesting... :)