Re: ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe and ICH5R support

From: Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen_at_ispro.net.tr>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 19:27:09 +0300
Doug Poland wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 05:07:47PM +0300, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
>
>>Jeff Doolittle wrote:
>>
>>>I've seen eMails regarding ICH5R support on other motherboards being
>>>added, is there plans to add support for the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe?
>>>
>>I think that I have that board in my proxy server and I am using sata
>>drives with ICH5...
>>What is the problem with this board? I didnt have any problems at all
>>else than a minor glitch. I am able to use my sata drives with
>>hyperthreading etc. turned on, without any trouble at all...
>>
>>Evren
>>

> Are you running a RAID0 or RAID1 configuration on the ICH5R?  I belive
> the OP was inquiring specifically about RAID support.

Yeah well, I am not using raid but I use the controller with 2 sata
drives. I dont see why raid wouldnt work? I had a slight problem though
when I used extended mode for sata drives from the bios, but when I used
compatibility mode which use the irq of secondary pata controller, then
things were working fine... Well, I didnt read secondary pata controller
anyhow so I didnt care much...

Evren