Re: Future of FreeBSD

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 22:17:41 +0200
In message <20040409191407.11538.qmail_at_web13901.mail.yahoo.com>, Nathan Seven w
rites:

>I just think that's really hurt the adoption of it-
>For basic serverside stuff, bits like ACPI and sound
>aren't needed at all-

Lets not go there.  Other people feel the exact opposite
and we want FreeBSD to be broadly usable, so we will have
to spend time and effort to both sides.

>Perhaps once the scheduling and pthread stuff has been
>solidified, a "stable base" release should be made?
>Meaning that the release as a whole should still be
>considered unstable, but using the as-shipped "stable"
>kernel config, things should be nice and solid?

You know, I also wish we could
	sysctl kern.rfc748=1
and then se our users smile happy smiles.

But it ain't so in my universe, and since I block all exouniverse
email as spam, you must be in the same one too.

Remember all those western movies where a sign were posted over the
piano player:

	Don't shoot the pianist,
	-- he's doing the best he can.

Well, if you look carefully, you'll see a similar sign hung over
the FreeBSD committers.

Poul-Henning