Re: Valgrind for FreeBSD

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:04:38 -0500
Doug Rabson wrote:
> On Friday 09 April 2004 20:13, Joe Halpin wrote:
>
>>Doug Rabson wrote:

>>>Sorry - I should have been clearer. Install the devel/subversion
>>>port and try the 'svn co svn:/....' command again.
>>
>>Thanks, I've got the source now, but when I try to run it I get
>
> I remember having this problem. I think this is down to having an old
> version of perl. You need at least perl-5.6.x to be installed.

Hmm, I installed perl 5.8.3, after which valgrind built and installed
successfully. However, since then other stuff isn't working any more.

I'm working with the CuRL project, doing daily builds on FreeBSD-STABLE.
Until this point it's gone very well, but now the daily build tanks
without even starting the tests.

I'm not the most knowledgeable guy about FreeBSD, so I'm wondering if
installing more than one version of perl will cause a problem? I
installed 5.8 in /usr/local/bin, and left the default version in
/usr/bin. When the curl build failed the first time I renamed
/usr/local/bin/perl so it couldn't be found and tried again, but still
it fails.

I guess I could reload the box from scratch and start over, but I'd like
to understand what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Joe