libpthread?

From: Matthias Schuendehuette <msch_at_snafu.de>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 11:54:45 +0200
Hi,

I'm actually loosing track what's going on with threading libraries in
FreeBSD -current.

As far as I've read the -current mailinglist 'libkse' is now
'libpthread' and replaces 'libc_r'. The reason is far better threading
support with KSEs.

But in the moment I can use either KDE or GNOME only with a
general /etc/libmap.conf which maps 'libpthread' to 'libc_r', so
there's no way to use the new 'libpthread' even with other apps which
could potentially use it.

I don't think that's intended. Am I overlooking something here? Is
'libkse/libpthread' still not ready for KDE/GNOME and that's subject to
improve in the future? Is there a (usable) way to use 'libc_r' for KDE
*only* other than mapping each single KDE app seperately?

Perhaps someone is willing to explain and conclude the "do"s and
"don't"s around the different threading libraries (not only) to me.

--
Ciao/BSD - Matthias

Matthias Schuendehuette	<msch [at] snafu.de>, Berlin (Germany)
PGP-Key at <pgp.mit.edu> and <wwwkeys.de.pgp.net> ID: 0xDDFB0A5F