Re: Cisco driver stopped working with -current

From: Scott Mitchell <scott+freebsd_at_fishballoon.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:32:35 +0100
On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 06:20:08PM +0100, Pete Carss wrote:

> Is pccard deprecated in -current? I'll happiy move over to a different
> system, can anyone point me to a good source on devd and NEWCARD - I'm
> unfamiliar with both at the moment...
>
> Pete

I think you're already using NEWCARD - it's the default unless you build
a custom OLDCARD kernel.  The hw.pccard.* tunables don't exist in OLDCARD,
plus the card itself wouldn't have been probed until pccardd (note the
extra 'd') started up after your kernel had booted.

On the other hand, I do all my xe testing on a very old OLDCARD-only
laptop, so this is almost certainly something I've missed through not
being able to test.  Not sure yet why it's biting you and not David though.

Cheers,

	Scott

Scott Mitchell           | PGP Key ID | "Eagles may soar, but weasels
Cambridge, England       | 0x54B171B9 |  don't get sucked into jet engines"
scott at fishballoon.org | 0xAA775B8B |      -- Anon