Re: Cisco driver stopped working with -current

From: Scott Mitchell <scott+freebsd_at_fishballoon.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:58:59 +0100
On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 10:47:47PM +0100, Pete Carss wrote:

> This is what I got - note I assumed you meant not to set the two
> variables I set previously??

Exactly what I needed.  It looks like the driver is matching _any_ card
passed to it... I should be glad more people haven't hit this yet :-(

The attached patch should fix the problem - could you try building a new
kernel with this patch and see if it works for you?  ie:
	save the patch somewhere
	# cd /sys/dev/xe
	# patch < /tmp/if_xe_pccard.patch (or wherever you saved it)
	build/install/boot a new kernel as usual

If you try inserting the Aironet with hw.xe.debug=2 again, you should get
a lot of repetitions of "xe0: pccard_product_match", then nothing else
from the xe driver.  The right driver should then come along and claim the
card.

Cheers,

	Scott

Scott Mitchell           | PGP Key ID | "Eagles may soar, but weasels
Cambridge, England       | 0x54B171B9 |  don't get sucked into jet engines"
scott at fishballoon.org | 0xAA775B8B |      -- Anon