Re: HEADS UP: PCI Chnages

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 08:34:49 -0700
> Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 20:23:42 -0600 (MDT)
> From: "M. Warner Losh" <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
>
> In message: <3320000.1081643496_at_lerlaptop.lerctr.org>
>             Larry Rosenman <ler_at_lerctr.org> writes:
> :
> :
> : --On Saturday, April 10, 2004 14:27:52 -0700 Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
> : wrote:
> :
> : s.  Thanks
> : >
> : > I can now confirm that this one breaks my laptop. It's an IBM T30 (1.8
> : > GHz P4M). If I back out this set of commits (and a few since this one),
> : > things work. With the commit, the ATA disk is not seen and I can't boot
> : > up.
> : >
> : > I already posted the output of the boot in response to another current
> : > post with the subject "Re: Recent -CURRENT doesn't find ata
> : > controller". It actually odes, but it does not manage to talk to it (or
> : > even seem to try to.)  The ports are the significant difference I see.
> : >
> : I see a similar failure on my Fujitsu C6651 (interestingly, also a ICH3).
> :
> : What can I supply to help here?
>
> Working patches :-P.
>
> Seriously, I think I need access to ICH3 hardware for a little bit to
> sort out what's going on.  I'll go rummage around in my bounce box
> collection to see if I can find one that fits the bill.  The hardware
> is common enough that I don't think there will be a problem.  I do
> have one fix pending in my p4 tree, which I've attached.  You can try
> it, but it didn't work for Andrew Gallatin.  He has a ServerWorks CSB5
> UDMA100 controller, however.
>
> hw.pci.do_powerstate is also added by this patch.  set it to 0 to turn
> off the power setting stuff.  That likely has nothing to do with this
> problem.
>
> I suspect multiple issues...

I can confirm that this patch makes no obvious difference. Would you
like a verbose boot?

I'm in and out this weekend, plus I am trying to get the latest
OpenOffice built, so I may be a bit slow to respond, but I am happy to do
anything I can to help.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)