panic: bad pte

From: Andrea Campi <andrea+freebsd_current_at_webcom.it>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 23:43:00 +0200
Hi,

I know this has been mentioned before on the list, and probably I should
know what to make of it, but still...

I'm getting this panic from time to time (not easy to reproduce, no
apparent pattern):

TPTE at 0xbfca06ec  IS ZERO _at_ VA 281bb000
panic: bad pte
at line 2558 in file /usr/src/sys/i386/i386/pmap.c

I was silly and just typed c so nothing more to work on I'm afraid.
Basically, what I'm asking is: what's it about? Is it hardware-related,
is it a know problem, or should I wait for it to happen again and look
into getting more details?

Bye,
	Andrea

--
   "One world, one web, one program"  -- Microsoft promotional ad
         "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuehrer"  -- Adolf Hitler