Re: nForce2 Soundstorm on 5.2.1 Release

From: Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen_at_piwebs.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:20:00 +0200
On Sunday 11 April 2004 05:14, Casey wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard, which has a nVidia
> Soundstorm audio chipset on it.  However, I can't seem to get this
> chipset to detect in 5.2.1 Release, no matter what I try.  Being
> relatively new to FreeBsd, I don't really know that many ways to go
> about trying to get it to detect.  I was hoping someone out there might
> be able to tell me something to try, or at least confirm for me that
> this chipset doesn't currently have a driver that works, so I can stop
> banging my head against the wall.

Try 'kldload snd_ich' (as root), and 'dmesg' to see if your card is
recognized. If that doesn't do the trick, try the other snd_ drivers (you can
find them in /boot/kernel/). To make it permanent, add 'snd_ich_load="YES"'
to /boot/loader.conf.

> Also, on a completely unrelated note, how do you get the mouse scroll
> wheel to work?  I've got a Microsoft Optical mouse(PS/2) and while I can
> use the wheel as a middle button, the scroll function doesn't seem to help.

Add
   Option ZAxisMapping 4 5
to the mouse section of your /etc/X11/XF86Config. This is a FAQ, and you
probably should've been able to find it through Google.

Arjan