Re: HEADS UP: PCI Chnages

From: Philip Paeps <philip_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:01:14 +0200
On 2004-04-09 09:56:35 (-0600), M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com> wrote:
> I just committed some rather extensive changes to the pci bus layer.  These
> changes should help people that need better suspend/resume support, better
> resource allocation and resource collision avoidance.

I just noticed that I seem to be having a problem with my cardbus which I
think might be related to your pci changes.  I haven't completely dug through
the cvs logs though, so I might have missed something :-)

 | pci0:3:3: setting power state D3
 | pci0: Failed to set ACPI power state D3 on (null): AE_BAD_PARAMETER

This shows up on a number of devices and is probably related to whatever the
author of my bios was smoking when he was writing it.  I'll read through my
acpi tables and see what I can come up with.

 | cbb0: <RF5C476 PCI-CardBus Bridge> irq 5 at device 10.0 on pci0
 | cbb0: Lazy allocation of 0x1000 bytes rid 0x10 type 3 at 0xf8000000
 | cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
 | pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
 | cbb0: bad Vcc request. ctrl=0xffffff88, status=0xffffffff
 | cbb_power: 0V
 | cbb1: <RF5C476 PCI-CardBus Bridge> irq 11 at device 10.1 on pci0
 | cbb1: Lazy allocation of 0x1000 bytes rid 0x10 type 3 at 0xf8001000
 | cardbus1: <CardBus bus> on cbb1
 | pccard1: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb1
 | cbb1: bad Vcc request. ctrl=0xffffff88, status=0xffffffff
 | cbb_power: 0V

I have no idea what all this is supposed to mean :-)  Anything I can do to
help sort it out?

> Let me know how well/poorly this works.  Thanks

Works well here.  My laptop suspends/resumes almost completely happily now.
Yay :-)

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't CC me, I am
                                                 subscribed to the list.

  Zounds!  I was never so bethumped with words
  since I first called my brother's father dad.
  		-- William Shakespeare, "Kind John"