Re: I *really* need help PLEASE - buildworld failing on mkdep libstdc++ can't find unwind.h but it *is* there

From: P.D. Seniura <pdseniura_at_techie.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 07:33:22 -0600
Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:21:20 -0700
To: Paul Seniura <pdseniura_at_techie.com>
Subject: Re: I *really* need help PLEASE - buildworld failing on mkdep libstdc++ can't find unwind.h but it *is* there

> On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 12:32:24PM -0500, Paul Seniura wrote:
> >
> > I've posted several msgs over the past two weeks
> > stumbling on buildworld when using lang/gcc33.
> >

> Did you clean out /usr/include?  lang/gcc33 may have
> done some unpleasant things to it.

Hmmm...
I should presently have the same /usr/include that the April 8 bzip2ball has -- I did a 'make installworld' directly from it, as I mentioned, after fixing a couple nits with symlinks e.g. /usr/usr->/usr/obj type of thing. ;)  Everything installed fine AFAICT, still have the log from it.  The filedates (mkdirs) match when I did it.  I had already removed the pointers for using lang/gcc33 so it should've installed with its own tools.  I didn't blow /usr/include away beforehand, tho (actually, I could find no instructions on how to use a bzip2ball, other than the simple blurb on current.freebsd.org about it).

I've let portupgrade -arR run since doing this, using the system gcc which should've come from that April 8 bzip2ball.  So far portupgrade hasn't had any problems at all (catching up to the ports-cur changes since last week, including the GNome stuff and Mozilla etc., so far everything has been built & installed fine).

Any other ideas?  Should I blow /usr/include completely away and try the April 8 installworld (or the latest) again?  Thank you for helping.

> --
> Steve

  --  thx, Paul Seniura.

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com