Re: Valgrind for FreeBSD

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:52:54 -0500
Doug Rabson wrote:
> As some of you might be aware, recently I've been working on porting the
> excellent valgrind debugger to FreeBSD (both -stable and -current). If
> you are interested in trying it out, you can find details on how to get
> the latest version at http://www.rabson.org/#valgrind. Enjoy...

I'm a little confused at some of the results I see. I'm trying to use
valgrind as part of the daily build tests for the curl project. The
tests work fine on linux, but with the FreeBSD version of valgrind I get
this

fbsd$ valgrind --leak-check=yes --logfile-fd=3
src/curl/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Cannot open
"/usr/local/lib/valgrind/vg_inject.so"

fbsd$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/valgrind/vg_inject.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  38445 Apr 12 09:26
/usr/local/lib/valgrind/vg_inject.so*

fbsd$ file /usr/local/lib/valgrind/vg_inject.so
/usr/local/lib/valgrind/vg_inject.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object,
Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), not stripped

However, it seems to work ok if I don't use --logfile-fd=3.

Unfortunatly I don't have the time or the expertise to go through the
code at the moment, so I'm hoping this might suggest something to you.

Thanks

Joe