Re: dc(4) Troubles 5.2.1 to CURRENT

From: Stephen McKay <smckay_at_internode.on.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:05:40 +1000
On Thursday, 15th April 2004, "Crist J. Clark" wrote:

>It has been working alright in 5.2.1-R, but with CURRENT, I end up with,
>
>  dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state

This bit is my fault, at least to some extent.  I changed some code to
match the letter of the law, as far as real DEC/Intel 21143 chips see
it.  Unfortunately, various clones don't like it.  It works fine for
all the cards I have, of course.

I'll probably get around to fixing this (maybe even deleting the whole
section as in all tests I did a working card ran the loop exactly zero
times), but until then it is a harmless message.

>  dc0: watchdog timeout

This isn't my fault.  Yay! :-)  I'd guess interrupts aren't arriving, but
have no idea why that would be.

>Anyone else have this card and see this? Ideas about what may have changed?

When I get time, I'll put a dc card in my -current box again.  I put them
all in the junk box when I got a few Intel pro 100 cards.  They really are
much better cards, and work well even in crappy old VIA boards.

Stephen.