Re: no internet connection

From: Marian Hettwer <Mh_at_kernel32.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 14:28:53 +0200
Hi Malte,

Malte Dreschert wrote:
> Hello,
> after experimenting a bit with Linux I wanted to try something different and
> installed FreeBSD.
good idea :)

> The installation went fine except for the network. I have a normal network
> card and a netgear dsl router, which is connected to the internet. I could
> configure the network using dhcp but I have no connection to the internet.
> Can someone point me in the right direction where to search for the
> solution?
hm... I believe some more information are needed.
Please provide us with the following output:

ifconfig -a
uname -a
dmesg

I have no clue which Network Card you are using, and therefor which
network card is configured for dhcp. I would guess that FreeBSD doesnīt
know your NIC. So letīs fix this ;)

HTH,
Marian