Re: Experiences with new PCI code

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:18:32 +0200
> : > That's item one on the list:  make a list.  Care to start one?  :)
> :
> : Errrr... Can I tell by reading / grepping the source?
>
> Typically no.  You tell because on your otherwise working laptop, the
> Foo device doesn't resume.

A while back I submitted a PR with a patch for the em driver but I don't think
anyone's had the time to look at it:

   http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=i386/59806

Perhaps the patch is naive/broken, but it *does* fix the suspend/resume
problems on my T40p. If anyone has the time to have a look, perhaps we'd have
one driver one step closer to being suspend/resume capable. (Or we'll have
determined that I know far too little about this stuff to be submitting
patches, but I'll risk it...)

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey_at_scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org