Re: Experiences with new PCI code

From: Mark Santcroos <marks_at_ripe.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:57:55 +0200
On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 09:29:35AM -0700, Nate Lawson wrote:
> For instance, snd_ich works pretty well for me but will stop generating
> interrupts if shared with if_an on resume.  But for others its sample rate
> is off after resume.  Now this problem may have been fixed by Warner's
> power code so it would be a good time to test those drivers because if the
> problem is still there, it's a driver problem and there's not much more
> to be done outside the driver.

My laptop was one of those with the snd_ich problems after S4_BIOS resume.
It was caused by bad BAR restores as the problem could be fixed by simply
setting the PCI registers as they were before suspend.

I can acknowledge that it now works without any twiddling.
Listening to some music right now after I have just suspended :-)

Like said before, the PCI changes didn't have any influence on my "S3
immediate resume after suspend" issue.

Mark