Re: Can't *write* to a hard disk, problem related to GEOM(4)?

From: Julien Gabel <jpeg_at_thilelli.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:54:43 +0200 (CEST)

>>>Could you try to compile a kernel without the ar(4) driver in it ?
>>>It may still be latching on to this disk...

>> Since the ar(4) driver is part of ata(4) generic ATA/ATAPI disk
>> controller driver, I don't think it is possible to do that without
>> shooting myself on the foot. Any ideas?

> In -current and 5.something you can disable ATA RAID support by
> commenting out the "device ataraid" line.

Ok. So I will disable the ataraid support in the kernel, reboot without
no mirror (and no support for it) and... what am I suppose to try in this
particular situation? I am not sur what you want me to test in this case.
Will just re-enable the ataraid support and reboot be sufficient to
release the latch?

Thanks,
--
-jpeg.