Re: Experiences with new PCI code

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:45:47 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Mark Santcroos wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 01:36:49PM -0700, Nate Lawson wrote:
> > So you're saying your system doesn't stay in S3 but immediately wakes up
> > even with the latest -current?
>
> Yes.

I had this problem on my second suspend with the new dist and just
committed a workaround to disable the new GPE tweaking.  However, if
you've always had this problem, it's not likely it will fix your issue.

> > Try commenting out all callers to acpi_enable_wake*(), including in
> > acpi_lid, etc.  Perhaps a premature wake event is being triggered.
>
> Had tried that before, just to be sure, I did it again now.
> There are actually only two instances: acpi_lid and acpi_button.
>
> I disabled the calls to acpi_device_enable_wake_event() from the _suspend()
> functions.
>
> No luck ...

You forgot the power and sleep buttons in acpi.c also.  Note that killing
those means you won't be able to wake via a button.  But it would be
interesting if your laptop stays asleep.  Unmount critical drives before
trying this because if you succeed, you'll have to remove the battery to
power back on.

-Nate