Re: RFC: ported NetBSD if_bridge

From: Bruce A. Mah <bmah_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 08:42:29 -0700
If memory serves me right, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> ack.
> > This if_bridge would replace the current bridge(4) code.  It doesn't make
>
> >From the diff it seems not to interfere at all with the existing
> bridge(4) code, so both can coexist in the tree and people use what
> they prefer with the appropriate kernel config option, or even
> kld-ed module.

This probably is the wrong place to mention this, but you know, right,
that ARP to an unnumbered bridged interface doesn't work if bridge(4) is
loaded as a module?  (The reason is the "#ifdef BRIDGE" conditional
surrounding the definition of BRIDGE_TEST in if_ether.c.)

Compiling bridge(4) into a kernel works just fine for this purpose, of
course.

Bruce.