Re: [ndis] [locking] intel 2100 3b

From: jason kawaja <kawaja_at_ece.ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:39:46 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, jason kawaja wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, jason kawaja wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, jason kawaja wrote:
> >
> > > i get approximately 15-30 seconds and then my system locks up, no
> > > keyboard...nothing.  power cycle is the only remedy.  no logs of
> > > what is going on that i can see.
> >
> > there is an update (thanks wpaul), will try and post back results.
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/if_ndis/if_ndis.c
>
> becuase i was not fully up to date with project evil, i also got
>
>  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/compat/ndis/subr_hal.c
>
> to be clear what i did, i stuck in the latest version of if_ndis.c and
> subr_hal.c into their respective locations and :

[snip]

> again, thanks wpaul...it feels good to be evil again.

ok, it was a short lived success.  i ended up cvsup'ing my entire
system, remaking world and kernel (and of course adding in a recent
pciata.diff patch to be able to see my hard drive, gheesh..bleeding
edge you say?) and the following occurs now :

interface ndis0 now loads and stays up for about 3-5 minutes (this is
longer than the previous 15-30 seconds) but then my sysem locks once
again in the same fashion as before.

--
Jason Kawaja
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt