Re: sleep mutex panic on 5.2.1-RELEASE

From: Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:58:39 -0400
Peter Losher <Peter_Losher_at_isc.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a dual-Xeon system in production (Dell PE2550) that has started to
> randomly lock up, adding debugging fun and WITNESS, I got it to panic
> and pop it into the debugger...
>
> -=-
> panic: lock (sleep mutex) pipe mutex not locked

Chances are this bug does not exist anymore.  Robert Watson rewrote a large
amount of the pipe code to improve its locking and security, and I hammered
out some left-over bugs that showed up with SMP testing.  Please try either
upgrading to -CURRENT or, if you are not using MAC, these two diffs might be
all you need:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/sys/pipe.h.diff?r1=1.25&r2=1.26
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/kern/sys_pipe.c.diff?r1=1.170&r2=1.158

  <> green_at_FreeBSD.org                               \  The Power to Serve! \