Re: X10 Wireless Technology Inc USB Receiver

From: Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingo_at_start.no>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:23:39 +0200 (CEST)
Quoting Lars Eggert <lars.eggert_at_netlab.nec.de>:

> This is a box with a SiS chipset (see below) and this week's -current. I
> think Torfinn had problems with those as well. Is their USB chip quirky?

The only difference in my setup is that the machine I have (with the SiS
chipset) runs FreeBSD 4.9-stable, not -current.

My experience with SiS and usb is limited to -stable. So far, my conclusion is
that the SiS USB chip is quirky. I have made the following observations:
- if an error occurs on one of the usb ports, that port will be disabled
- the only way to reset a disabled port is to reboot the machine

Hope this helps.
--
Torfinn Ingolfsen

Få din egen _at_start.no-adresse gratis på http://www.start.no/