Re: [Evil project] / ibm thinkpad t41

From: Erwin Lansing <erwin_at_lansing.dk>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 19:53:22 +0200
On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 10:28:01AM -0700, Bill Paul wrote:

> And no cookies for you for ever bothering to tell me that you were
> having problems with your atheros miniPCI card, or for failing to
> describe what problems you had beyong "I tried to get it to work
> and it failed."

I'm sorry, my point was that the card might be able to get to work with
a native module, not that ndis was at fault.

> If you don't describe the failure, nobody can offer a solution.
>
> For the record, I _have_ gotten Atheros cards to work with the NDISulator,
> so lacking any other details, I'm forced to conclude your problems were
> self-inflicted.

And you're so right about that. This was in no way whatsoever a critique
of ndis!

As I didn't know what chipset I was working with, I didn't know
if I'd actually downloaded the right windows driver to test with. So I
blamed myself for not getting the right driver, not ndis.

Now that I do know, and if someone can point me to the right windows
driver, I can probably find some time to get you some usuable debug data
if you want. I just wanted to be sure to get all other facture right,
before sending bug reports on nids :-)

Cheers,
-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing      (,-.`._,'(       |\`-/|    erwin_at_lansing.dk