Re: updating ask for mount_ufs2

From: Daniel Lang <dl_at_leo.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:33:59 +0200
Hi Folks,

Gavin Atkinson wrote on Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 12:11:45AM +0100:
[..]
> > > Sounds like you have ufs2 as filesystem type in your /etc/fstab instead
> > > of ufs ?
> > No, just ufs. But when I typed 'mount' it showed that '/' was of type
> > ufs22, read-only, etc.
> > So there is a 2 to much somewhere. And I'm updating to CURRENT quite often
> > and never had this before.
>
> I wonder if ths is connected with the following commit:
>
> http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200404261513.i3QFDkb5026044
[..]

Most likely, I just stumbled across the same problem:

# mount
/dev/ad0s3a on / (ufs22, local)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local)
/dev/ad0s3e on /usr (ufs22, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s3f on /home (ufs22, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s3d on /var (ufs22, local, soft-updates)
procfs on /proc (procfs, local)

and

# mount -u /
mount: exec mount_ufs2 not found in /sbin:/usr/sbin: No such file or directory

Please suggest workaround or fix :-/

I also just sent a PR about this problem. I'll followup, as soon as
I know the assigned PR number.

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock     - Der Schatten von Hasenfuss ist ziemlich dunkel -
 Daniel Lang * dl_at_leo.org * +49 89 289 18532 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/