boot0cfg with new default under current ?

From: Fritz Heinrichmeyer <fritz.heinrichmeyer_at_fernuni-hagen.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:16:51 +0200
Am Dienstag, 27. April 2004 19:28 schrieb Doug White:
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Fritz Heinrichmeyer wrote:
> > recently i had no success in using boot0cfg and bsdlabel to repair boot
> > process  under current. The only way that worked was booting with a
> > live-cd and using sysinstall from there. Is there some documentation
> > regarding freebsd-current for this?
>
> Man pages :)  I think there is a handbook section on boot0cfg too,
> although I'd have to check.

the line

boot0cfg -m 0x5 -B -o packet ad0 || echo there were problems

worked, the new mask showed that that there was actually something written and
boot process was no more broken.

Maybe  "-o  packet"  is a good default these days ...

--
Fritz Heinrichmeyer FernUniversitaet, LG ES, 58084 Hagen (Germany)
tel:+49 2331/987-1166 fax:987-355 http://www-es.fernuni-hagen.de/~jfh