Re: Removing NOCRYPT

From: Wes Peters <wes_at_softweyr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:14:49 -0700
On Tuesday 27 April 2004 15:37, Alex Dupre wrote:
> Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> > My first and only argument is that it is extremely useful for
> > embedded environment, where space is an issue, and crypto code
> > occupies lot of space.
>
> Yes, this is the only argument, also for me...I don't recall how much
> space it saves, but it's very useful to fit FreeBSD in very small CFs.

Many embedded CPUs are not well suited to software cryto.  Colin seems to
have forgotten just how many people ship (sometimes very small) subsets of
FreeBSD and need a way to squeeze unused code out of libc et al.

--

        Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                               wes_at_softweyr.com