Re: updating ask for mount_ufs2

From: Daniel Lang <dl_at_leo.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:02:55 +0200
Hi Christian,

Christian S.J. Peron wrote on Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 03:58:41AM +0000:
[..]
> > # mount
> > /dev/ad0s3a on / (ufs22, local)
> > devfs on /dev (devfs, local)
> > /dev/ad0s3e on /usr (ufs22, local, soft-updates)
> > /dev/ad0s3f on /home (ufs22, local, soft-updates)
> > /dev/ad0s3d on /var (ufs22, local, soft-updates)
> > procfs on /proc (procfs, local)
>
> I suspect in this case the reason why you are seeing dual '2's
> is because userspace and kernelspace are not in sync.

Yes, this occurred when I had installed the kernel,
but not the userland, yet (in between single-user boot
during upgrade procedure).

[..]
> For the above problem, re-compiling mount(8) should make that problem
> go away which leads us to the next.
>

> > and
> >
> > # mount -u /
> > mount: exec mount_ufs2 not found in /sbin:/usr/sbin: No such file or directory
> >
> > Please suggest workaround or fix :-/
>
> I hacked up a patch which appears to fix this problem, basically mount is
> pulling the fs name and constructing a mount_XXX command to exec. I also
> fixed another potentially serious problem with -p
>
> I would appriciate if you tested it and gave me feed back so we can
> get this fix commited ASAP.
[..]

I've tested your patch, and it worked. The mount-binary
in /usr/obj/usr/src/sbin/mount/mount did work without problems.

The world installed flawless and the updated system is up again.

Thanks,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock     - Agartim billiard bumba m'abdul in papejim twista
-  rumba rock n rolla. Leik'ab mai. Spirzon Heroin se'osit gaula.     -