Re: hostap TX fix in 5.x [Fwd: Re: wi hostap speed]

From: Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:23:32 -0400
There are many possibilities as to why you get certain speeds (or fail to).
There's the interface MTU size, RTS/CTS, WEP, whether your CPU can keep up
with WEP in hostap mode (yes, it does software decryption), whether the card
can keep up with WEP otherwise (yes, it can only do WEP at a slower speed
than it's otherwise capable of), TCP/IP options on the socket/in sysctl/in
the kernel compile, firewall differences, routing differences...

Please provide much more information.  My (slightly older) -CURRENT sees up
to 4mbit/s with (software-WEP) or without WEP with MTU size of 1900.

  <> green_at_FreeBSD.org                               \  The Power to Serve! \