Re: code cleanup

From: Frank Mayhar <frank_at_exit.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:46:59 -0700 (PDT)
Brian Fundakowski Feldman wrote:
> Well, I implore you all to give cscope a shot.  Unlike glimpse, it's not
> buggy ;-) and it understands C code -- something grep and glimpse don't do
> -- so you don't generally get falses.  I believe cscope is to grep and
> glimpse as Perforce is to CVS... and we know how much of a difference that
> is ;)

I can echo this.  I've been using cscope for years and it's indispensable.
Conveniently, nvi supports it directly and there's now a port of kscope,
a KDE-based graphical interface to cscope, in the queue (ports/65863,
hint hint) waiting to be committed.

I'm currently working on a multilayer IPsec thing (in Linux, argh!) and
couldn't have lived without the capabilities of cscope to help me understand
the existing code.  I was _very_ happy when it became open-source.
--
Frank Mayhar frank_at_exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/