Change default dumpdir to /usr/crash?

From: Panagiotis Astithas <past_at_noc.ntua.gr>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:03:50 +0300
Hi all,

I was wondering (since being bitten by this occasionally) why don't we change
the default dumpdir in /etc/default/rc.conf to /usr/crash instead
of /var/crash? The default partitioning scheme in sysinstall (when you press
'A') creates a /var with only 256MB, whereas it retains a huge amount of
space for /usr. Shouldn't we help Joe "the defaults" User have working
crashdumps?

Cheers,
--
Panagiotis Astithas