/dev/null doesn't get created

From: Derek Tattersall <dlt_at_mebtel.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 11:07:22 -0400 (EDT)
CURRENT as of this morning dint'create /dev/null.  My previous
CURRENT, from July 25 created it fine so all was well.Can anybody
offer me a clue as to what this is all about?  I tried to figure out
what causes /dev/null to get created, but was unsuccessful.

--
Derek Tattersall   | Teach children to be polite and courteous in the
                   | home, and, when he grows up, he will never be able
dlt_at_mebtel.net     | to edge his car onto a freeway.

dlt666_at_yahoo.com   |