panic: vr_setcfg

From: Mike Bristow <mike_at_urgle.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 22:42:25 +0100
Hi,

I updated my machine at home to -current over the weekend, and it
panics just after the rc scripts configure vr0 (I think):

vr0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNNING.SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet ...
        inet6 ....
        ether ....
panic: mutex vr0 not owned at /usr/src/sys/pci/if_vr.c:571
cpuid=1;
KDB: enter: panic
[thread 100077]
Stopped at      kdb_enter+0x30: leave

db> trace
kdb_enter(...)
panic(...)
_mtx_assert(...)
vr_setcfg(...)
vr_miibus_statchg(...)
miibus_statchg(...)
mii_phy_update(...)
amphy_service(...)
mii_pollstat(...)
vr_ifmedia_sts(...)
ifmedia_ioctl(...)
vr_ioctl(...)
ifhwioctl(...)
ifioctl(...)
soo_ioctl(...)
ioctl(...)
syscakk(...)
Xint0x80_syscall(...)
db>

the usual excuses of "I copied the panic by hand" apply; it doesn't
Just Give me a crashdumnp, I'll try and figure out how to get a
crashdump & more useful debugging but that might take me a while;
I thought I'd throw the above out in the hope that it'd be enough
for people to work out what's going on - I /think/ I can sorta follow
it, but I don't know where the mutex should be aquired - yet :)

The version of if_vr.c that I moved from is 1.85; I haven't done
any investigation as to when the problem was introduced.

I'm running SMP:  I suspect that matters.

Cheers,
Mike

--
You dont have to be illiterate to use the Internet, but it help's.