Re: nvidia binary drivers no longer work

From: Doug Rabson <dfr_at_nlsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 08:49:25 +0100
On Tuesday 03 August 2004 07:18, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> > > Oh, and it also runs ut2004 without crashing :-)
> >
> > Woo [expletive deleted] hoo!
> >
> > Actually I've found UT2004 runs fine as long as I log out and boot
> > into twm then run it :)
>
> Ok, so having never heard of ut2004 until now, a little research
> shows that it's some sort of game.  Is this native or a Linux binary?
>  And if Linux, does that mean TLS is working for Linux emulation
> also?

Its a game :-)

The retail version of the game includes installers for both windows and
linux (which is pretty damn cool IMHO). The linux binary works well
under emulation and yes, TLS is working for Linux emulation as far as I
know. All thats needed there is that we preserve %gs on context switch
(which we do anyway).