Re: Please test /etc/rc.d/sendmail patch

From: Willem Jan Withagen <wjw_at_withagen.nl>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 11:10:36 +0200
From: "Alexander Leidinger" <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
> And a little request for help: I have a problem on a -stable (post 4.10)
> system. In the logs I see "Warning: .cf version level (10) exceeds
> sendmail version 8.9.3 functionality (8)", at a time which seems to be
> related to a periodic(8) run. But when I telnet to port 25 I get
> "Sendmail 8.12.11/8.12.11". I verified, that contrib/sendmail is not
> stale (I compared the output of "cvs status | grep Tag" of some C files
> in contrib sendmail with the output of "cvs log"). I also can't find any
> other sendmail binary (except the link to the mailwrapper in /usr/sbin).
> The mailer.conf points to the correct sendmail binary.
> /usr/share/sendmail/cf is also the same as contrib/sendmail/cf. Any idea
> what I can check next?

Hi Alexander,

I once had this problem as well. And as far as I recall was this due to the
version setting in my /etc/mail/sendmail.cf. But I seem to remember that this
would also show at the telnet to port 25 prompt. Manually changing the version
number fixed the complaint.

Perhaps your sendmail running with periodic uses a different .cf???

--WjW