Re: tar -l versus gtar -l

From: Matthias Andree <ma_at_dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 13:32:20 +0200
"David O'Brien" <obrien_at_FreeBSD.ORG> writes:

>> POSIX have higher importance. We should ignore any GNUisms in favour of
>> POSIX overriding ones (at least to pass POSIX tests suite).
>
> But past FreeBSD (and BSD) practices should override POSIX.

Guys, please remember this is -CURRENT, not -STABLE.

Any standards conformance issues we're aware of and that are easily
fixed should be ironed out BEFORE going -STABLE or we'll be stuck with
them for another five years.

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)