Re: radeon.ko doesn't load on recent current

From: Maxime Henrion <mux_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 16:47:57 +0200
Franz Klammer wrote:
> Rossam Souza da Silva wrote:
> >
> >I have the same problem with VMWare3 kernel modules...
> >no one is loaded, with error messages about symbols.
> >
> >Rossam.
> >
> >------------------------------------------------------
> >"Das Leben auf Erden ist ein gemeiner Krieg.
> > Wir spielen, wir k?mpfen, wir setzen alles auf Sieg."
> >
> > Megaherz
> >------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Toxa wrote:
> >
> >>today kernel biuld, when trying to load radeon.ko for my ATI
> >>Mobility M6:
> >>
> >># kldload radeon.ko:
> >>
> >>link_elf: symbol mem_range_attr_set undefined
> >>kldload: can't load radeon.ko: No such file or directory
>
> same here with matrox mga.ko. after i compiled the
> devices agp, mem, null and io into the kernel it loads normaly.

Can you try to remove mem from your kernel config and try this patch?
The DRM drivers are missing a dependency to mem(4) since mem(4) was
made a kernel module.  The DRM drivers need mem(4) because they use
mem_range_attr_set().  With this patch, you should be able to load
your DRM driver without errors, even if mem(4) isn't compiled in the
kernel.  You must of course have it as a module though.

Cheers,
Maxime