Re: kernel build error

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 20:25:16 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Jon Noack wrote:

> On 08/04/04 18:07, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> > Wasn't there a discussion on -current not too long ago about the use of
> > non-stock CFLAGS in make.conf causing these type-of problems?
>
> No change with:
> #CPUTYPE= p4
> CFLAGS= -O -pipe# -g
>
> I'm sure there are issues with non-stock CFLAGS, but this doesn't appear
> to be one of them.

The problem appears to be that 'mem_range_softc' is defined in
mp_machdep.c, which means you can't build a non-SMP i386 kernel because
the symbol is undefined.  We probably need to move the declaration to
machdep.c or the like.

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research