Re: kernel compile flags?

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:08:27 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, George D. Gal wrote:

> It seems that the kernel build requires 2 new compile flags. Is there
> any issues if these flags are simply commented out.
>
> cc1: error: invalid parameter `inline-unit-growth'
> cc1: error: invalid parameter `large-function-growth'

This is a less user friendly form of the error "You are compiling with gcc
3.3.x, and need to compile with gcc 3.4.x".  I.e., buildworld before
buildkernel and it should fix the problem.  The arguments between compiler
versions aren't 100% compatible.

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research