Re: [PLEASE TEST] Better support for Synaptics Touchpads

From: Alexandre \ <Alex.Kovalenko_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 10:31:20 -0400
On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 03:12, Philip Paeps wrote:
> Hi gang :-)
>
> Since the original synaptics support was added to psm, there have been some
> reports of malfunctions and missing magic.  I've tried to fix all that, but
> it's still work in progress.
>
> If you happen to own a laptop with a synaptics touchpad, please help test:
>
>   <http://people.freebsd.org/~philip/psm.diff>
>
> So far, I've had one report of a panic, possibly related to an extra gadget
> chained through the the touchpad.  If you're extra masochistic, and your
> laptop has one of these extra gadgets, you might like to remove the #if 0
> around line 2537 and the #endif around line 2568 of your sys/isa/psm.c.
>
> Please report successes and failures :-)
>
>  - Philip
This patch restored "single tap" = "left button click" functionality on
my AVERATEC 3150H. However, "double tap and drag" = "hold left button
and move the mouse" is still missing. It is working with psm.c 1.70.

Also, I have (possibly subjective) feeling that something happened with
the resolution -- if with psm.c 1.70 I ca successfully  tap into "clear
transaction" box in gnucash (relatively small target on the relatively
busy screen) about 9 times out of 10, with 1.71 + your patch it is about
50/50. Please, note I am not proposing to discuss shortcomings of the
user interface in gnucash, but merely use it as my private test of mouse
sensitivity.

I will have to go do some paid work now, but I can test patches or
produce debug output later tonight if necessary.

---
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko.