Re: no text in gnome after portuprade

From: Scott Lambert <lambert_at_lambertfam.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:54:54 -0500
On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 12:27:10PM -0700, Tony Montana wrote:
> No text under icons or under folders or in actual text
> files after doing a portupgrade. any ideas how to
> correct this problem?

When this happenned to me, I forced a portupgrade of some font related
package, IIRC.  You could always use the big hammer:

portupgrade -fr gnome*

I may have used the big hammer myself.  My gnome stuff seems to have
been updated about all on about the same day.

Hmm, scrollkeeper is jogging my memory.  Something was messed up with
the permissions of the /var/db/scroollkeeper stuff or maybe it was
a corruption of some sort.  When I was watching what happenned with
portupgrade and backtracking the ports that failed it all came back
to scrollkeeper somehow.  I think I blew away some of the files in
/var/db/scroolkeeper/TOC then portupgrade -f'd scroolkeeper.

lambert_at_lambertfam.org