Re: Vinum status

From: Axel S.Gruner <liste_at_encephalon.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 21:13:56 +0200
Hi.

Am 05.08.2004 um 23:20 schrieb Craig Boston:
> FWIW, root-on-gvinum seems to be working on my test server here.
> Swapping over it also passes basic stress testing (dd from zero to null
> with very large block sizes).

Thats very very nice to hear.
But, i ihave a question about that. I cant find a howto which describes
to install FreeBSD+gvinum to use the / partition.
So, how did you do that?
It looks to me like a chicken-egg problem. So in my understandig there
must be a way in the installtion procedure (sysinstall) to install
FreeBSD directly on a gvinum set of disks, otherwise i install FreeBSD
the normal way and / is not on a gvinum disk set...

asg