Re: gcc 3.4.2 with -fmemoize-lookup and -fsave-memoized

From: Niclas <lothrandil_at_n00b.apagnu.se>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 15:37:57 +0200
Scott Long wrote:

> Niclas wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> I tried to upgrade my system from 5.2.1 to current a couple of hours
>> ago. The build died yelling about unrecognized command line options
>> -fmemoize-lookup and -fsave-memoized. It seems that those options is
>> removed, and some more investigation seemed to prove that.
>> Now I'm just wondering, are those options really removed, or am I just
>> being stupid and overlooking something? If they are removed, shouldn't
>> they be removed from src/share/examples/etc/make.conf be removed as
>> well so nobody uses them?
>>
>> Cheers!
>> //Niclas
>

> How exactly are you doing your upgrade?
>
> Scott

I have put some options in /etc/make.conf, among others:
CPUTYPE=		p2
CFLAGS=			-O -pipe
CXXFLAGS+=		-fmemoize-lookups -fsave-memoized
COPTFLAGS=		-O -pipe

Then I cd to /usr/src and make buildworld. I don't know if it's the
correct way of doing things when it's such big upgrade, but I couldn't
find anything that said i should do diffrent either...

//Niclas